Simple Interaction Styles Overview
Chart the Course
(ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ)
- Like to think ahead and predict the goal.
- Believe that it is worth taking time to anticipate what might happen.
- Tend to appear calm, intense and focused.
- Have a measured tone of voice and energy.
- Tend to naturally define the goal and then chart the key milestones required to reach the goal.
- Excel at defining a sensible plan.
- Help to keep projects and teams on track by comparing ideal status with current position.
- Tend to be stressed by not knowing what will happen.
Behind the Scenes
(ISFP, ISFJ, INTP, INFP)
- Like to take the time to reconcile many inputs.
- Believe that multiple points of view can be resolved.
- Tend to appear approachable, friendly and patient.
- Have a gentle tone of voice and energy.
- Tend to naturally gather input from various sources and then repackage that data to a unique point of view
- Excel at listening to others.
- Help to avoid mistakes by gathering as much information and data on a subject as possible.
- Tend to be stressed by not having enough time or being provided with credit.
(ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENFJ)
- Like to move quickly towards a goal.
- Believe that it is worth taking a risk to decide and correcting later.
- Tend to appear quick moving, confident and determined.
- Have a fast-paced tone of voice and energy.
- Tend to naturally take action and lead a group to an objective.
- Excel at executing tasks, looking at angles and removing obstacles.
- Help to get things accomplished (often through people)
- Tend to be stressed by the appearance of nothing happening.
Get Things Going
(ESFP, ESFJ, ENTP, ENFP)
- Like to facilitate involvement from the group.
- Believe that it is worth the time spent to engage others.
- Tend to appear expressive, upbeat and casual
- Have an enthusiastic tone of voice and energy.
- Tend to naturally involve others in the decision to achieve buy-in.
- Excel at motivating others and raising energy levels.
- Help to raise commitment by focusing on exploring options.
- Tend to be stressed by not being involved or being left out.